War Room is a movie that every lady(single or married) should watch, keep, make reference to every now and then and share with other people.
Every scene has a take home message; every character has some attribute we can learn from. Lessons learned or picked from this movie may be an eye opener for you; they may also spur you into getting this movie for yourself and others around you.
Some 35 lessons from War Room have been shared below:
1. “Victories don’t come by accident.” We map out deliberate prayer strategies to win spiritual battles.
2. There is usually a stray woman lurking around your husband; pray for him.
3. Marital conflict disturbs children psychologically. Parents need to be sensitive to the needs of their children emotionally.
4. As a wife, you should always consult your husband before making major family decisions. Even though Tony was unfair to Elizabeth, she should have talked to him before transferring money from the joint account.
5. We all need friends on whose shoulders we can cry on. You should have just this one friend you can confide in.
6. Quality friendship is something to invest in. Tony’s friend was a very good friend; he was really concerned about Tony.
7. Unhappy couples transfer a lot of aggression to people around them.
8. Older women have big responsibilities, including grooming younger women.
9. The Lord knows the future from the beginning. He gave the Williams family only one son because that was probably what she could cope with.
10. We should pray for strategies and opportunities to witness to people.
11. Personal evangelism involves spiritual sensitivity, seize moments and don’t waste time when you are supposed to speak to someone about Christ or at least start a conversation.
12. You can’t serve the Lord in a lukewarm fashion. You can either be hot or cold. God wants us to be hot.
13. Our prayer lives are battle grounds. Investing time in prayer will help us fight wars that we ordinarily can’t physically.
14. “Every couple has some friction now and then.” Backgrounds, personalities and temperaments are not same.
15. Continually quarreling with your husband will get you nowhere. Turn to the Lord instead and fight your battles in prayers.
16. There is always some extra time to pray. Plan your day to include prayer time. Elizabeth assumed she didn’t have much time to pray but guess what? She found out later that she did.
17. Children always wish they are in peaceful homes. Danielle wished she had Jennifer’s kind of parents.
18. An unhappy marriage can affect other areas of living. Peaceful homes are a breeding ground for success in other areas.
19. Too much focus on quarreling will waste your time and energy. Even your children may never get the attention they need because you are busy channeling energy somewhere else.
20. Complaining isn’t the way out, turning to God is the way out.
21. Quality bible study helps to raise prayer points according to God’s will.
22. Let the Lord handle situations you cannot handle. It takes the stressing and the worrying away.
23. To have a fabulous prayer time with the Lord, put aside every form of distraction: smart phones for example.
24. Watch out so that your career does not replace devotion to your family. It is so easy to be caught up.
25. Never be ashamed of Jesus. He is always present in times of need. Ms.Clara boldly used the name of Jesus to stop the street thief and asked that the police document that she did so.
26. No matter how much you try to conceal it, a disastrous marriage affects other relationships.
27. “Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee.”
28. Your joy does not come from things around you. For a Christian, your joy comes from the Lord.
29. Children watch you and walk in your footsteps. Danielle learned to have a prayer list just like her mom had.
30. Your attitude as a woman is enough to soften your husband’s heart. Nagging and trying to change a man drives him further away.
31. Trusting the Lord with your husband goes a very long way. Two are better than one.
32. You can use your smart phone for so many worthy purposes including matters of the Gospel.
33. Do not be selfish about the gospel, spread it, commit people into God’s hands and as that their hearts be receptive to the Good News.
34. Never allow other people to waste their time making the same mistakes you have made
35. Try to assert your children every now and then. Push them to believe in God.